Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Talk Like a Pirate Day

One of the wonderful things about doing my blogs is learning new things that I never would have known otherwise. For instance, I read the newspaper a lot more thoroughly as I am looking for the story to transform into a news print poem. 
 
Today I discovered something I never would have known. I discovered that there is such a thing as “Talk Like a Pirate Day.” I was wondering why so many people arrived at my blog after using a search term that included the word pirate.  Then I happened to notice an ad in the Orlando Weekly (Orlando’s alternative free weekly newspaper) placed by a local “drinking establishment” inviting people to enjoy a free rum drink on "Talk Like a Pirate Day.”  

Men's Pirate Costume
CLICK HERE
to see costume detail
Lady Pirate Costume
CLICK HERE
to see costume detail
 

September 19 is “Talk Like a Pirate Day”.  It has been celebrated for every year for the past ten years. There’s a website: The Original Talk Like a Pirate Site. I knew it was too soon for pirate searches related to Halloween; they must have been for "Talk Like a Pirate Day." 


According to the website some folks celebrate well into October. So, if you want to get in on the fun, check out the website and you may be able to locate an event near you.

And check out my pirate poem, “Pirate Action Group.” It is about real-life pirates. Not the fun kind.
 
How should you celebrate Talk Like a Pirate Day? With some rum of course. Florida rum was is a favorite. A Toast to Florida Rum.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please let me know what you think by posting a comment.